The Pediatric Interim Care Center (PICC) provides immediate, short-term medical care between hospital and home for medically fragile infants suffering from prenatal drug exposure at a savings to the taxpayers of Washington State. PICC also provides educational and support services to the community in the recognition and management of substance abused infants.
- Provide care by a qualified nursing staff under the direction of pediatric medical directors.
- Offer a format of withdrawal that combines high quality medical management with therapeutic handling in a homelike atmosphere.
- Train and support families in the care of infants to help ensure long-term success.
- Coordinate with the health community and government agencies in evaluating the incidence, treatment, and long-term follow-up of high risk infants.
- Use private donations, grants and volunteers to offer our state and local communities a low-cost alternative to traditional hospital care.
- Maintain an awareness program to inform the community about the dangers of drug abuse during pregnancy and the implications of caring for medically fragile infants.
- Be a strong advocate for the children.
•Professional •Respectful •Non-judgmental
•Confidential •Nurturing •Diverse
PICC Board member with one of our babies.
All graphics & content © 2018 Pediatric Interim Care Center, The Newborn Nursery.
All rights reserved.
If you have any questions or comments about our website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org